The workshop aims to be a discussion forum for exploring current scientific and technological possibilities offered by sustainable materials and solutions for energy storage purposes. Special attention will be given to new solutions based on concrete and cement-based materials. The workshop addresses complex issues with innovation potential at the interface of science, environment, technology and society. The workshop is economically supported by the European Commission (NRG-STORAGE project, GA 870114), the Spanish Ministry of Science and Innovation (ECRETE project RTI2018-098554-B-I00 and POROPCM project PCI2019-103657) and the Transnational Common Laboratory (LTC) Aquitaine-Euskadi Network in Green Concrete and Cement-based Materials.
- Thermal Energy Storage (TES) solutions
- Phase Change Materials
- Foamed Concrete
- Computational methods and design
- Thermal characterization
- Batteries and electrochemical storage
The workshop will take place in the Auditorium of the CFM CSIC-UPV/EHU
CENTRO DE FÍSICA DE MATERIALES
Paseo Manuel de Lardizabal, 5 – E-20018 Donostia – San Sebastián (Gipuzkoa) – Spain
Phone : (+34) 943 01 87 86 | Fax : (+34) 943 01 58 00 | E-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org
- JORGE S. DOLADO (CFM CSIC-UPV/EHU)
- EDUARDUS A.B. KOENDERS (TU DARMSTADT)
- TETSUYA ISHIDA (U. TOKIO)
- Andrés Ayuela (CFM CSIC-UPV/EHU)
- Esther Rojas (PSA CIEMAT)
- Juan José Gaitero (TECNALIA R&I)
- Cyril Aymonier (ICMCB, CNRS, BORDEAUX UNIVERSITY)
- Antonio Caggiano (TU DARMSTADT)
Invited keynote speakers
- Fernando Bresme (Imperial College London)
- Luisa F. Cabeza (Universitat de Lleida)
- Jorge Corker (Instituto Pedro Nunes)
- John Fahlteich (Fraunhofer FEP )
Abstract submission Deadline: 31 January 2022
Official registration deadline: 07 February 2022
If you are interested in attending the school – but you missed the deadline-, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com.
To submit your contribution please:
- Send your abstract to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject indicating your type of contribution, oral or poster.
- You can apply for oral communication (15+5 minutes), poster or both (only one abstract per contribution).
- In the email you must clearly specify your name and affiliation.
You will be notified of acceptance of your contribution ASAP and you will be provided with the instructions to complete the registration within the acceptance email.
Registration is now open. Please read these instructions. Indicating your type of contribution.
If you want to participate in the C2M 2022 Workshop, please fill in the following form.
The registration period will close on February 07 unless it is necessary to close earlier due to capacity limitations. Maximum capacity is 50 people. The registration for the workshop is free for all participants. However, the workshop events (lunches and conference dinner) include some costs. Participation in these events is not mandatory, of course.
Please register as soon as possible as the space is limited!
Special prices have been obtained in the Hotel Codina .
Nevertheles, Donostia offers a great variety of different kinds of accommodation, ranging from 5-star hotels to hostels and flats. In order to make it easier for you to find the accommodation that better suits you, we suggest that you visit the link of the Tourism Office, below. You can make your own reservation directly at the selected place.
HOW TO GET TO DONOSTIA-SAN SEBASTIÁN:
SAN SEBASTIÁN HAS 3 AIRPORTS (2 INTERNATIONAL) WITHIN JUST OVER 100 KM OF THE CITY:- Bilbao airport (BIO) – 105 km : About 1 hour drive from San Sebastián. A direct shuttle bus running every hour connects Bilbao airport and San Sebastián for about 17 €. The bus timetable is available at http://www.pesa.net/. A taxi connecting the airport to the city can be more than 150 €
– San Sebastián airport (EAS) – 20 km : 30 minutes drive from San Sebastián. Small airport with domestic connections to Madrid and Barcelona. Iberia flies to this airport. A regular bus connects the airport and the city (timetable is available at http://www.lurraldebus.net/). A taxi connecting the airport and the city should be around 30 €.
– Biarritz airport (BIQ) – 47 km : 40 minutes drive from San Sebastián. Air France flies to this airport, and some low-cost airlines such as Ryanair also fly here. Bus connection is available from the airport to San Sebastián. For more information check http://www.conda.es/
The Adif train station RENFE rail service offers both long-distance train connections to several Spanish cities, including Madrid and Barcelona.The French company SNCF connects with world capitals such as Paris from Hendaye train station.
There is also an underground railway, the Metro Donostialdea, a narrow-gauge train connecting San Sebastián with cities along the Basque Coast, from Bilbao to Hendaye (France).The train is popularly known as the “Topo”.
The city is connected to the rest of Spain by the N-1 (Madrid-Irun highway), AP-8 (Bilbao-Irun highway), and A-15 (Pamplona-San Sebastián highway).Getting to San Sebastián by car is extremely easy, but parking in summer season can be a challenge.